Nissin Digital MG80 Pro Flash and Air 10s Commander Pairing Instructions
Pairing the flash and commander will link ('pair') the commander and the flash so that they can communicate, allowing you to change flash settings remotely. Once paired, the flash and commander will stay paired even after being powered off.
Set the MG80 Pro flash mode to ‘SL’ and the radio channel to ‘A’:
1. Power on the MG80 Pro flash.
2. Next, press and hold the 'Power On' button for 3 seconds until ‘ON’, ‘CO’, and ’SL’ appear in the display. Rotate the center dial to select the ‘SL' slave mode, then press the center of the dial to confirm your selection.
Note, the MG80 Pro will not pair with the Air 10s until the flash is set to the off-camera ‘SL’ slave mode.
3. Confirm the MG80 Pro is set to the ‘A’ radio channel to ensure it will search for and use the same radio channel as the Air 10s.
4. Power off the MG80 Pro.
Pair the MG80 Pro flash with the Air 10s Commander:
1. Power on the MG80 Pro while simultaneously pressing the 'Power On' button AND the center of the ‘Select Dial'. The MG80 will beep and the pilot light will blink yellow to indicate the flash is ready to pair with the Air 10s.
Note, you must power on the MG80 Pro before the Air 10s. If you power on the Air 10s before the MG80 Pro they will not pair.
2. Next, power on the Air 10s while simultaneously pressing the ‘Power On’ button AND the center of the ‘Select Dial’. The Air 10s will beep and the pilot light will blink yellow to indicate the commander is ready to pair with the MG80.
3. The MG80 Pro and Air 10s should stop beeping within 2-3 seconds. When pairing is completed the pilot light on both devices will change to green.
Assign the MG80 Pro to the desired flash group:
1. Use the A, B, C, D buttons on the MG80 Pro to assign the flash to the desired group, either Basic Group A, B, C, D or Advanced Group Ȧ, Ḃ, Ċ, Ḋ.
2. Confirm the Air 10s displays the same group letter (Basic A, B, C, D or Advanced Ȧ, Ḃ, Ċ, Ḋ) as the MG80 Pro. Note, the MG80 Pro will not respond to the Air 10s if the flash and commander do not display the same group letter.
Note, the Advanced Group is indicated by a small dot appearing above the group letter Ȧ, Ḃ, Ċ, Ḋ. To switch between the Basic and Advanced groups press and hold the modeling light button for 2 seconds.