A Small Yet Powerful Flash
The Nissin i40 has provided a powerful option (GN40@105mm) for photographers looking for a small, easy-to-pack flash to bring along with their mirrorless cameras.
Two simple selector dials provide quick and easy control over settings.
The Nissin i40 Compact Flash is available in Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Panasonic/Olympus (Four-thirds) and Sony versions. The Nissin i40 supports each system's full TTL capabilities.
The i40 features full manual control and a range of modes for getting the look you desire from your lighting. These include slow-speed, high-speed, 1st and 2nd curtain synchronization in addition to variable power from 1/1 to 1/256. The flash runs on 4 AA batteries and includes an external diffuser, soft case, and stand.
For control of the light during use, the flash head is able to tilt upwards 90° and can rotate 180° in both directions, giving you complete 360° coverage. There is also optical wireless functionality which will allow you to implement this flash off-camera in combination with other units.
- GN40 [at 105mm (53mm) zoom head position] GN27 [at 35mm (18mm) zoom head position]
- Recycle time of 0.1 to 4 seconds
- Approximately 220 to 1700 flashes on a single set of fully-charged batteries
- LED run time of about 3.5 hours with new batteries
- Color temperature of 5600K
- Optical wireless slave TTL functionality
- Exposure compensation from -2 to +2 EV in 1/2 step increments
- AF assist beam with range of 2.3 to 16.4'
- Flash duration of 1/800 to 1/20,000 second
- Red-eye reduction modes
- Two selector dials on the back of the flash for changing modes and adjusting power settings
- LED light has 9 steps of output levels
Durable Metal Hot Shoe Design
The Nissin i40 incorporates a tough metal hot shoe design, providing a strong connection to cameras and light stands. Note that the Sony hot shoe, while still durable, is not metal (it's plastic) due to Sony's multi-interface shoe design.
Nissin i40 Flash Compatibility
Nissin i40 flashes are available for Canon, Nikon, Sony, Fuji, and Olympus/Panasonic Four-Thirds camera systems.
Please refer to the following Nissin compatibility chart for the latest camera compatibility information (.pdf file).
Nissin Flash Compatibility (.pdf file)